Monday, November 02, 2009


If you know me at all you know that my favorite holiday is Halloween. I love Halloween because I'm selfish and I like the fact that I can do whatever I want to do. Decorations are optional, celebrating it in general is optional-that's what I love about it. I must admit that the season started out slower than most years for me. I started the month off with a case of the swine -flu. I was out of it for a week, but due to the fact that I have an over eager 5 year old-I was a bit forced into decorating and getting into the spirit of things. After a day and a half of decorating-I have way too much Halloween stuff-we were ready to start the festivities. Here's a quick peek into some of the festivities.
I call our family costume theme this year the Walmart Family. If the costume wasn't at Walmart than we weren't it. I was a gothic fairy, Connor was an evil guitar player, Carson was Snake Eyes from GI Joe, Clayton was Optimus Prime, and Chris was Micheal Meyer from Halloween-he had the boys pick it out for him.
You can attribute it to our great parenting skills. We took the kids to what is now the Scariest Haunted House in the country-Nightmare on 13th street. It was great, over an hour and a half long! Can you believe that? This is a picture of Clayton after he "Made It" and "Survived the Terror". He hid behind his Optimus Prime mask during most of it. Before we began I told him that I would be with him through the whole thing and I wouldn't let anything happen to him. He said, "I'm going to stay with Daddy, he's the toughest!" Chris loved the feeling of having his son have complete faith and trust in him-that as long as he was with Clayton nothing would happen to him. Needless to say Clayton slept with us that night.

Of course we had to hit our favorite Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point. It's a great way to get you in the spirit of Halloween. Thanks to Shayne and his all seeing eye for great coupons, we were able to take the kids to CLAS Ropes for their Halloween Boat Tour for $12.50! Citydeals.com is a great place to find spectacular deals in the area.














1 comments:

leadatortilla said...

Know what's cool, seeing the things we've done this fall season together and gosh, it still isn't enough. We can't get enough of your family cause we love hanging out with you guys! Thanks for always including us in all your fun festivities!