Monday, November 02, 2009

Carson's Baptism
This weekend we baptized Carson. We appreciate all the close family and friends who attended. It was a glorious day that Carson will remember. How cool that he was baptized on Halloween! Both sets of grandparents were definitely missed, but we felt their presence despite their absence. (In case you are seeing this for the first time-yes, I cut my hair and colored it, definitely to the dismay of my husband-but it is nice to have a change for a bit. I'll be going back to blonde and growing it out once again in no time:)

Some quick highlights of the baptism-the water was freezing, and Carson definitely let everybody know it. When we got there, the bishopric hadn't filled the baptismal font and unless we wanted to wait for 3 hours for warm water, we were stuck with the cold. What am I saying? Like I was in the water at all.

Hunter said the closing prayer, and Connor gave a darling spot light on Carson. He was quick and witty and did an excellent job. We tried to keep things informal but I don't think the Bishop had the same idea. I tried to talk Chris into wearing his dark underwear but he didn't take the bait.

He was baptized with our closest neighbor's daughter-Olivia Richins. Check out facebook and you'll see some great pictures of The Richin's family and ours.

1 comments:

leadatortilla said...

I'm way behind reading your blog! So sweet - and it was such a treat to be there. Thanks for waiting till oct so we could be there. It meant a lot to us!