Saturday, August 09, 2008


Way too Much Fun in the Sun (when we saw it)!!!
Gleneden, Oregon
We had a great time this July with Mom, Dad, and Chanin's family in Oregon. Thanks to Mom and Dad and their love of timeshares we are able to stay in some fabulous places together with great accommodations. The kids loving being with their cousins and Grandma and Grandpa. We stayed right on the beach, and weathered the elements. We were lucky to see any sun while we were there, but we still had the best time. It was a great way to relax.
I love the rugged Oregon coastline. I could sit and watch the water for hours. Here's the geeky scientist in me, I love to watch the force of the pounding water erode the shoreline right before my eyes! Magnificent!


Breakin' the Law!! Breakin' the Law!! Chris will do anything for a great picture. To the dismay of the ranger, Chris pulled off this starfish (a definite no, no-supposedly harms the little guys) in the Yaquina tide pools.


The devil in me must have shown through. During the cute local 4th of July parade, a group of devils whisked me off the ground to be part of their float. I must say that the fact that I had no idea who these people were wasn't my main concern, my only thought was, "Oh no, I'm a bit under dressed to be a part of this parade?" But not to worry, I was on the float just long enough to be stamped on the head with a bright red devil stamp and then I was sent on my way. We had a great small town 4th in Gleneden and Lincoln City. We watched the fireworks in the bay and it was literally like a ring of fire with all of the locals lighting off their own fireworks that are definitely not legal here in Utah. Loved it!

3 comments:

Kikibug said...

Your family picture is beautiful. I love the colors you chose for the boys.

I LOVE the layout of your blog! So cute!

It looks like y'all had so much fun this summer. I have never been to Oregon. I would LOVE to go. The beach looks fantastic.

Emily said...

it looks like you guys had a great summer!!! I'm sure it's almost back to school for everyone, so I bet its fun to look back on your great summer memories!!!

Cheryl said...

I can't believe that was just a few months ago! Seems still like yesterday!