Thursday, September 09, 2010


Labor Day Weekend



I chickened out of the hike we were supposed to go on which was to the top of Timp. I figured that I'm already exhausted enough after school these days, and don't need to add to it with an all nighter of a hike. Although I do love that hike when you start at 2 am and reach the summit just in time for sunrise. Absolutely breathtaking and worth the exhaustion if you haven't done it already. So we ended up hiking up to Timp Cave and being the cheap parents that we are, didn't even take the tour. Got some beautiful fun pics though and it is so great showing Chelsea (Chris's cousin) this great state of ours. She's living with us until November during her student teaching. I wish she lived with us permanently-she is the best helper ever!!! It's like living with a nanny.

Clayton was cute, on the way up he kept complaining about how he hates climbing up and can't wait to start going down. Then he complained all the way down as well. One of my favorite comments he made while looking down the steep mountain, "Mommy, if this were covered with snow, it would definitely be a black diamond." Love to hear he's getting psyched for our next ski season!!!

5 comments:

leadatortilla said...

The comment about a "black diamond" had me wondering what he was talking about.... you can tell I'm not a skiier!!! HA HA Looks like it was a fun hike.

The Pierce Family said...

We've had some fun times hiking, haven't we? Love to see you are doing one of your favorite things with your cute family.

The Pierce Family said...

We've had some fun times hiking, haven't we? Love to see you are doing one of your favorite things with your cute family.

The Pierce Family said...

Sorry about the double or triple identical comments; my internet here is a pain.

Heidi said...

Oh I miss you!