Sunday, April 04, 2010

Just a few Thoughts...
I love the relaxing nature of Conference weekend. I must take a second to thank my husband for insisting that Easter is a day to reflect on our blessings and to slow down and enjoy the little things-like time to read and catch up on all my friends blogs. Although the weather on this Easter weekend is just not cooperating, we woke up to 2 inches of snow on the ground, life couldn't be better. I am so very blessed to be a member of a church that provides great peace in my life. I am blessed to be surrounded by friends and family who continue to inspire me to be the best person I can be. I am blessed that both my husband and myself have two very solid careers that although will never make us millionaires, provides the freedom to allow our family to make incredible memories together. I am blessed to have two wonderful parents that continuously make unselfish decisions to serve our father in heaven, and provide such solid examples for their children and grandchildren. I am blessed to belong to a ward family that has worked very hard at making all of my family feel important, necessary, and missed when we aren't there. I am blessed to have three very beautiful healthy boys who shower me with their love everyday. They brighten my day and give me such a sense of purpose every minute of my life. But most of all, I am blessed to have a husband who believes in me, relaxes me, and makes me feel everyday that I am the most important thing in his life, and that I am the center of his universe.

There is no better feeling in the world than the peaceful feeling that the warmth of the spirit when it wraps around your soul like a warm blanket. I pray that I will allow myself to forget my "to do" list every now and then and truly let the spirit in. I love this gospel, I love the spirit, and I am so very grateful that Christ is a part of my life.

5 comments:

Karen Reid said...

Ditto!! :-)

Yoli said...

Cherae, I LOVE this post!!!!

leadatortilla said...

Love you Cherae! Thank you for sharing your insightful thoughts and reflections - made my morning!

The Pierce Family said...

Cherae,
I read this post months ago after you wrote it and wanted to comment, but I didn't know how (I am so pathetically behind the times), but now I do! I love you, and I love hearing your voice through your writing.

The Pierce Family said...

Cherae,
I read this post months ago after you wrote it and wanted to comment, but I didn't know how (I am so pathetically behind the times), but now I do! I love you, and I love hearing your voice through your writing.